News-Press & Gazette Broadcast Interactive Advertising Policy
As a general matter, News-Press & Gazette Broadcast (NPG) accepts advertising on a web site in a manner that is consistent with the practices of the offline media partner for that web site. This policy sets out prohibited categories of remnant advertising and gives guidance on accepting advertising for other “red-flag” or sensitive categories.
NPG policy prohibits advertising in the following categories:
- Hard liquor or distilled spirits
- Tobacco and associated products
- Cannabis and associated products
- E-cigarettes, vaping products
- Offshore or Internet gambling
In addition, NPG’s policy prohibits the following categories of advertising across all NPG web sites (including all newspaper or broadcast affiliated sites):
- Nudity or sexually explicit advertisers or ads featuring sultry or offensive material
- Deceptive or misleading ads
- Ads from a competing media company or subsidiary media property
- Colonizing ads that spawn additional windows or messages beyond the original advertising message
The following “red-flags” categories should be discussed thoroughly with NPG:
- Political advertising. No political advertising is allowed via internal e-mail products, nor political advertising paid for someone other than the advertised organization or person.
- Weight loss advertising.