Not to alarm our faithful Kilgore’s customers, but we wanted to inform you of the preventative measures that we are taking with our staff as a business to be extra cautious during this COVID-19 pandemic.
We as healthcare professionals are complying with the CDC recommendations and OSHA guidelines thus far. These include, but are not limited to:
• Actively sick employees with fever and other flu-like symptoms are going to be required to stay at home until fever free for at least 24 hours.
• If an employee were to show up to work sick with symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath, they will be asked to go home.
• Employees will be performing frequent hand washing
• We have provided gloves, alcohol, hand sanitizer, and N95 masks for all of our employees. Masks will not be required, but will be optional at this time until further notice or developments.
• You will see the cashiers, drive thru personnel, and delivery drivers utilizing gloves and/or masks. They will be performing frequent sanitization with alcohol in between patients on a routine basis. We simply can not take any chances when we take care of immuno-compromised patients first hand some days.
• Do not be alarmed if you see a staff member wearing a mask as it is for YOUR protection.
• We have implemented routine sanitation schedules for high touch areas within our pharmacies, using the appropriate recommended cleaning agents.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
• Use our DRIVE-THRU! We have closed our lobby to visitors, but are happy to assist with Over-the-counter items for those using our drive-thru.
• Practice “social distancing” when in the community or when interacting with our staff. Please try to stay at least 6 feet away from others.
• You can request mail order vs. delivery/pick-up. Give us a few days notice and request for your medications to be mailed directly to you. This minimizes traffic in the store. Over-the-counter items can be mailed for a small fee of $4 if they are not accompanied by a prescription. (Overnight requests are exempt from free mailing)
• Download our Kilgore’s app to reorder medications. It is called RxLocal and you can find it in the App. Store. When you reorder your medications through the app., PLEASE specify a day that you will likely be picking up or let us know if you want your prescription mailed!
• Pay with a credit card if at all possible to minimize the exchange of cash with our delivery drivers/cashiers.
Again, we may change our procedures depending on what the upcoming weeks bring. If we do, we will keep you notified on our Facebook page and our website www.kilgoresrx.com
Take care and try to stay healthy!